Do you ever procrastinate taking action on the tasks you know you ought to be tackling? Of course you do. We all procrastinate at times.
Procrastination wastes time, limits our potential, increases stress, keeps us from continuously improving, and is a contagion possessing the ability to infect every aspect of our lives.
It’s particularly easy to procrastinate when the negative impact of doing so isn’t immediately noticeable and builds slowly over the course of time. So it is with personal health and fitness.
A few missed workouts or several consecutive days of feeding your body toxic empty calories might not cause you a whole lot of immediate pain or discomfort. Continual procrastination over exercising your body and properly nourishing it, however, can have dire consequences.
Your energy levels, physical appearance, strength, self-confidence, and personal relationships gradually slide deeper into the ditch of destitution being dug by your procrastination. Wait too long to reverse course and this regression culminates in a sense of hopelessness that requires exemplary fortitude to overcome.
The best defense against procrastination is a good offense. So, if you’ve been procrastinating getting fit, healthy, and happy with your appearance, it’s time you take the bull by the horns.
There’s no better time than right now to put an end to your procrastination and turn your life around for the better.
I’ve recorded a podcast to give you a battle plan on how to do just that.
In the latest episode of the Craig Leonard Fitness Podcast I discuss:
- Why it’s so easy to become a victim of chronic procrastination
- The most common reasons we procrastinate
- Advice on how to avoid procrastinating
- The many negative consequences procrastinating will lead to
- How procrastinating led to such devastating changes in my physical appearance in just a few years
- Why being a perfectionist leads to procrastination
- That you, and you alone, are responsible for ending procrastination in your life
- Why keeping the right people around you will make you more productive and successful
- Why blaming your genetics on having a lackluster physical appearance is nonsensical and unscientific
- How procrastination and excuse-making negatively affects your friends and loved ones
- Getting past overwhelming or particularly daunting goals
- That success is built on the back of consistent action – even if the action is imperfect
- The importance of having the right mindset when faced with the temptation to procrastinate
- Why you must eliminate distractions in your life if you want to achieve your goals
- Time management principles for success
- How ending procrastination enables you to spend more of your time doing things you enjoy
- The many areas in your life that will be enhanced when you stop procrastinating
- How to lovingly and effectively convince those you care about to start taking action
Listen in to Craig Leonard Fitness Podcast “Episode #15: Putting An End to Procrastination” by clicking play in the media player below:
If you like what you’re listening to, be sure to subscribe to the Craig Leonard Fitness Podcast on iTunes, and please leave me a positive 5-star review while you’re there to pay it forward.
As always, feel free to leave me a comment below. I would love to hear from you.